Friday, October 10, 2008

Chao, Quilla! Salût, Paris! Ni Hao, Beijiao! Part Three



Paris, Paris, Paris. I always dreamed about and wondered how my first day or moment in Paris would be like. And I have to say that I always pictured myself walking along Les Champs Elysees and Montmartre. But none of that happened in this trip. I couldn’t even see it clearly from the plane! I just went straight to the transit area, and waited there TWELVE hours for the next flight.

There isn’t much to say about my twelve-hour Parisian stay, apart from the fact that I was pacing around and around and around. Practicing my highly accomplished French and asking questions whose answers I already knew.

There were a lot of shops and only one cafeteria. What can you do in twelve hours in an airport? I was so longing for an answer right at that moment. As I didn’t manage to answer it myself, I decided to do what I do best: surf the Internet. I even had two options: American keyboard and French keyboard. I chose the latter. Boy, to say that it was hard to handle was an understatement.

Hours later, in my attempts to take a rest, a creepy Chinese guy approached to me and started a delightful chatter. I would have been clearly impressed by his charm, if it hadn’t been for the fact that he was speaking in Chinese. I thought to myself: “This is exactly what you’re getting into. Just get used to the feeling”, but the feeling was simply too creepy to get used to, seriously!

Departure time, again and after 12 hours on a plane, I arrived in Guangzhou as expected. I met my contact and my colleague and later on, I was confirmed that I wasn’t certainly going to amazing, enormous Guangzhou, but to dull, boring, little Beijiao.






1 comment:

Mickey said...

oh man you're so lucky!